Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cool Sisters....

K and I have the coolest sisters. I'll start with mine...the retired art teacher.

When we came back from China, K
had this over her crib.



Here is a closer look at the wise old owl that watches over our sleeping K.


Pretty cool, right?

What's even more cool is the freezer of pop in the oven ready meals waiting for us. Yum! The only hard work I had to do to get dinner ready for all of us is getting the foil and tape off the tightly wrapped prepared dinners. My sister has great skills in wrapping. Opening up Christmas gifts would go alot faster if she gave up the glue gun and used scotch tape like us regular folks. But you would miss out on those beautifully wrap little works of art. And she'd miss out on the ribbing we give her each year about her wrapping. Moving on....

This is really cool. Who else can find the perfect card for us? Yep, my sister.



Told you, major coolness! With the jetlag after we got home, the craziness of settling in, the nasty head colds we all got... I don't think I really said Thank You enough to her. I know she peaks in here, so a big THANKS to my cool sister.

And here is another.. K is lucky to have this cool sister.



Look at the pure joy on this face!


K loves her big sister. She makes her laugh by singing her silly songs about putting a banana in your ear, or, tickling her feet. She plays blocks and bangs cups with her. She pushes her in the stroller for walks around the neighborhood. And the coolest thing she does... she keeps feeding her when mommy has to go to the bathroom or go answer the phone, or whatever. But M is off to school these days and K looks like she's asking me:

When is my cool sister coming home?

Soon, little one, soon.

1 comment: